Local Australian Warranty
1 YEARNo need to send it back to the USA.
Free Technical Support
Free technical support by Amazon.com for all Kindles.
Kindle Fire 2nd Gen (2012 release), 7" LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8GB + Australian Accessories Kit
Now in Australia, only at ReaderShop.
- Perfect portability - thin, light, and durable
- Ultra-fast web browsing over built-in Wi-Fi
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
Please read below what works and what doesn't in Australia. All Kindle sales are final.
Australian Accessories Kit Included on price
Australian AC Power Charger + Car Charger + Extra USB Cable + DVD with 29,500 e-books
Compare and SAVE
Kindles bought overseas from Amazon or with other Australian retailers come only with a USB cable and
Kindle Fire / Fire HD in Australia
(The information below applies ONLY to the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD)
What works perfectly in Australia?;
Books, audiobooks, music, surf the web, run apps and watch movies / TV shows. Apps and movies have to be downloaded from sources other than Amazon or loaded into the Kindle fire via the USB cable.
To be perfectly clear:
- Books, audiobooks, magazines and music CAN be downloaded from Amazon directly from your Kindle Fire / Fire HD.
- Apps, Games and Movies CANNOT be downloaded from Amazon, unless you have a USA address or credit card. The Kindle Fire and Fire HD are the only Kindles with an LCD screen; they are the only ones that can run apps, games and movies. You cannot, for example, watch a movie on a Kindle Touch or run games on the Kindle Paperwhite because the technology of the screen is different.
What currently doesn't work right out the box:
Downloading Apps and Movies from Amazon directly, because they require a Credit Card from the USA. You can still watch Movies, TV Shows and install Apps, just not directly from Amazon.
How to get past those limitations in Australia or anywhere else
Download what you want to your computer and load into your Kindle via USB.
- Apps: the apps you find at Amazon can be download from Android Market Place and also from other sources. On your Kindle Fire, remember to go to the Settings menu and mark the option to "Allow apps from outside sources".
- Movies: download movies to your computer and load them into your Kindle via the USB Cable. This works with everything else too, like books, music and apps.
If you have any problem, just google your question:
Important: some of the features of the Kindle Fire might not be available for Amazon accounts registered in Australia yet, like Apps or Downloading USA Content directly from Amazon. Amazon's Kindle Store works similar to Apple's iTunes Store, meaning their contents varies between countries.
The fact that you cannot access a given content does not constitute any problem with the device.
If you do not agree with the terms above do not place your order. All Kindle sales are final. Thank you.